Friday, March 18, 2011

Tout Wars 2011

No posting tonight or this weekend. I'm off to New York City this afternoon for my second crack at glory in Tout Wars.

My auction (N.L. only) is at 10 a.m. on Sunday and will be covered live on Sirius/XM radio. I'm not sure which station is covering it, but I would surmise that this information will appear on the Tout Wars web site shortly.

There is an event tonight at Foley's in New York City that is open to the public. The bar is donating 10% of their receipts from tonight to tsunami relief efforts in Japan, which I think is a great thing for them to do. If you do come, stop and say hello.

Wish me luck. Tout Wars is a rigorous auction environment where they cram eight to nine hours of activity into three and a half hours. Making adjustments on the fly is hard. You have to be prepared, and all of the preparation in the world sometimes just isn't enough.

UPDATE - Toz's post reminded me that many of the experts will be using Twitter during their auctions. My Twitter handle is @MikeGianella. I may or may not be using Twitter during the auction. I think there's too much else going on already and my focus is on building a winner, not telling people, "I got Brandon Beachy!" but maybe I'll change my mind between now and then.

No comments: