Sunday, May 16, 2010

A.L. FAAB Supplemental: Jack Cust

Jack Cust isn't available in my American League, but he will be in leagues that only allow you to draft rookie-eligible minor leaguers and not grizzled vets like Cust on your farm lists. There isn't much mystery to Cust. If he's healthy and plays, he's capable of hitting 20-25 HR the rest of the way and he'll hurt your batting average. If you play in an OBP league, he's obviously better, though keep in mind that his OBP has dropped two years running. The fact that the A's sent him down to start the year tells me that playing time could be an issue. If anything is working in Cust's favor, it is that Michael Taylor has been tanking, which could buy some time for Cust with the A's in 2010. My bid is a tepid $7, and I'm willing to bet that this won't get him. $11 is probably a more realistic bid, and $15 is the "safe" bid that I don't think I'd be willing to make.

No comments: