Sunday, March 28, 2010

Tout Wars Update

Wow - the Tout Wars auction moves fast.  We are about 1/2 of the way through, and, in my opinion, Mike is having a heck of an auction.  You can see the list of players in the comments to my last post.

I did not expect to see Mike walk away with 2 closers, but at $27 for Marmol and Capps, it is hard to complaint.  Pujols and Ramirez (Hanley) at $40 each is slightly less than par.  Reyes at $23 is risky, but if the legs are healthy, it is a bargain.

Mike has a max bid of $45, but the rest of the room is beginning to come down to his level.  I think he did a nice job of avoiding the mid-tier hitting inflation.  I'm a little concerned about pitchers, as he only has Cain at this point, but if the league holds true to the other tout auctions, the pitchers should fall through.

UPDATE: I'll be posting more later.  The spreadsheet will be up on the Tout Wars site for awhile.  They are taking a second break prior to the endgame, so I'll check in later tonight.

4 comments:

Toz said...

Mike is back on the board with Soriano at $18.

Toz said...

Paulino for $3 after a long drought.

Toz said...

Bumgarner for $2.

Toz said...

Volstad for $3