Sunday, September 30, 2007

Congratulations

I wanted to publicly congratulate Mike for locking up first place today. While I put the heat on him in our AL this week with a stunning 1.27 ERA and .71 WHIP, I needed some help from other teams. For 5 days I got it, but, when your season boils down to counting on other teams to help you, there is always trouble around the corner. Today, I ran into it head-first.

A 1-2 finish is a great way to celebrate our first year on the blog - perhaps Mike and I can find some way to avoid an 11-12 finish next year after selling out in the race for first.

Thanks, everyone, for tuning in during the season - please keep checking in over the winter, and let us know how your leagues went. Myself, I'm curious about a couple of things. One, what types of free agent moves did you see the last week of the season? Two, did your contenders completely sell out in their race, or did they try to hold back some keepers or draft pics?

Gratz again Mike - take a few days; you've earned them. But only a few days.

2 comments:

Rodger A. Payne said...

In my league, the guy with the best freeze list won.

I had the 9th best freeze list and finished 5th, so I guess I'm happy. Given that I spent almost a quarter of my team budget buying Rich Harden and BJ Ryan, I should be thrilled. I'm grateful to James Shields and Jeremy Accardo, who should be good keepers in '08.

The three teams with the worst freezes finished below me, including the last place guy.

The owner with the second best freeze list finished 8th. A very cheap Sizemore was wasted.

Dr. Hibbert said...

The hands down preseason favorite to win our league--with a keeper list far better than anyone else--finished 6th (he made one transaction). The 2nd best freeze list finished 4th. 3 teams sold out to get into the money (1st place was locked up by early August)--they finished 2nd, 4th, and 5th.

Our final transaction period saw the FA pickups of Hochevar, Contreras, Hammel (all by one team), Howell, and Freddie Bynum. Needless to say, not much was affected by these moves.

Great blog, guys. I'll keep checking in over the winter.