Sunday, May 30, 2010

Pennington vs. Inge

Gypsy Soul has a dilemma that many of us in super-deep A.L.-only leagues would consider a luxury:
Would you drop Cliff Pennington for Brandon Inge? Inge is $5 cheaper, I have to make a waiver move on him and this is my second waiver, so I would have one left for the season if I claim him. Am OK in SBs and if I move Pennington then I have the money to replace Ryan Garko with a free agent pick up as opposed to a supplemental which is what is left over for the week after the free agent moves are made.
I'm not certain I understand all of the machinations of Gypsy's league, but it sounds like he'd be down to one waiver claim for the season if he grabs Inge versus two. On the other hand, having more money minus Pennington would give Gypsy a better shot at finding a replacement for dead spot Ryan Garko.

While I like Pennington a little bit better than Inge, I think it might be time to cut Pennington loose if those are your choices.

Pennington is now 0-for-his-last-17, and while I think he's better than this, the A's aren't going to keep running him out there if Adam Rosales is producing. Inge, on the other hand, also hasn't been that great, but he is providing a modicum of pop.

The big selling point for me on Inge is that there isn't an obvious player on the Tigers' roster who would replace him if they decided to go in a different direction. Ramon Santiago could play third in a pinch, but the Tigers aren't going to run him out there every day. Inge is the guy, whereas I'm not as sure about Pennington.

5 comments:

Gypsy Soul said...

thanks,mike, sorry i didnt layout the rules of our league a little clearer though i really did try and be as clear as possible.

Anonymous said...

Read with great interest. When I traded Scutaro in offseason, targeted Pennington as the new Scutaro. This week, in 10 team AL only 40 man rosters, moved M. Izturis and Brignac in (after trading Zobrist). Can trade Pennington for Inge - so this helped.

Nick said...

Hey Mike,
I know this isn't the best way to get ahold of you, but I didn't see any other contact links on the blog. I just wanted to let you know that I could help you get your facebook and twitter buttons styled right so they display correctly. Let me know if you want me to send you any info on that...it should just be a few tweaks to your css file for the most part.

Mike Gianella said...

Sure Nick. It looks OK on my browser, but I know on some browser's it doesn't format quite right.

Nick said...

Oh ok...I was just referring to stuff like the white background but that may be how you want it to display on the browser you are using...no biggie